A Law Firm Built On The Virtues Of Honesty, Dedication And Accessibility
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas Overview
  4.  » Municipal Court

New Jersey Municipal Court Defense Lawyer

In New Jersey, minor criminal offenses are resolved in Municipal Court without a jury. These offenses are considered “disorderly persons” offenses. At the law office of John H. Anlian, Attorney at Law, we provide effective and efficient representation to individuals facing these charges. No matter the situation, we provide clients with information they need to make legally sound decisions.

If you or someone you care about has been charged with a misdemeanor offense and requires representation in Municipal Court, contact our firm today. Mr. Anlian offers initial consultations and accepts credit card payments. Additionally, he is available evenings and weekends by appointment.

Experienced Municipal Court / Misdemeanor Defense

Attorney John Anlian has represented individuals in Municipal Court proceedings since 1977. His familiarity with court proceedings and the options available to those facing charges has proven invaluable to clients over the years.

In some situations, it may be possible to have a felony case referred to Municipal Court. For instance, a felony assault charge can be reduced to simple assault or a burglary charge can be reduced to trespassing. The maximum jail sentence for conviction of a Municipal Court offense is one year.

Our firm provides dedicated criminal defense to individuals facing misdemeanor charges including:

Traffic Violations

  • Traffic violations – such as speeding and other moving violations
  • Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
  • Simple assault

Criminal Offenses

  • Domestic violence – including restraining orders and other Family Court issues
  • Minor drug offenses (controlled dangerous substances-CDS)

Pretrial Intervention

For many people facing a criminal offense in Municipal Court, Pretrial Intervention (PTI) is a desirable option. PTI allows an individual to have the charges dismissed and records sealed or expunged. You can discuss with Mr. Anlian whether or not PTI is a viable legal option.

As your attorney, will work with you to ensure you understand all of your rights and legal options. Please contact our firm today to arrange your consultation. Call 201-942-5002 or fill out the online contact form.