A Law Firm Built On The Virtues Of Honesty, Dedication And Accessibility
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas Overview
  4.  » Alimony and Child Support

Fairview, New Jersey, Child Support Lawyer

When a married couple divorces there are many important financial issues that need to be addressed, including those involving child support and alimony payments. Whether you will be receiving or making payments, you want to be sure that the amount paid is fair and that your best interests are fully protected. At the law office of John H. Anlian, Attorney at Law , Attorney at Law, we provide practical legal guidance to clients in the midst of a difficult divorce.

Are you considering a divorce and have questions regarding child support and spousal support? Contact our firm today to arrange your consultation.

How Is Child Support Determined?

Child support in New Jersey is determined by statutory guidelines and support is generally paid by the non-custodial parent to the custodial parent. The respective incomes of each parent, as well as the needs of the child are just a few of the statutory factors that the court will consider when determining the amount of child support. Please note that while the child support guidelines are fairly strict, they may still be deviated from in certain circumstances.

How Is Alimony Determined?

A determination of how much money a dependent spouse is entitled to receive (alimony/spousal support) is reliant upon a variety of factors, including but not limited to the length of the marriage, the health of each party, the standard of living that the spouse became accustomed to during the marriage and the earning capacity of the dependent spouse. Alimony can be awarded either temporarily or permanently.

Support Modification And Enforcement

Our firm also assists in post-judgment divorce matters such as modification and enforcement of child support and/or alimony payments. Modification requests usually arise because of a substantial change in circumstances, such as the loss of employment, illness or the remarriage of a former spouse. Enforcement actions involve the failure to pay court-ordered child support and/or alimony.

Mr. Anlian has been representing individuals in divorce matters since 1977. His extensive experience and in-depth legal knowledge can help protect the best interests of you and your family. Please contact our firm today to arrange a consultation.